Request an invite to the UpOut newest service, Insiders Club, to receive complimentary tickets and exclusive invites to awesome events!Learn More
Sunday, April 14 from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM
MAKE PIE! EAT PIE!
1st ANNUAL SF PIE SOCIAL & BLUE RIBBON COMPETITION
Plus: Silent auction, live music from Paul Griffiths and Friends, fun for the kids, prizes for the best pies, and more!
Illustrious judging panel:
Elisabeth Prueitt (Tartine)
Jake Godby (Humphry Slocombe)
Michelle Polzine (20th Century Cafe)
Mutsumi Takehara (Sandbox Bakery)
Jessica Battilana (Tasting Table)
Grand Prize: Shun Fuji 5 Piece Knife Block Set, Retail: $1,599.95, from Williams-Sonoma
Other amazing prizes include a gift certificate to SF Cooking School, a 10-pound block of Guittard chocolate, and dinner at Delfina!
Sunday, April 14
11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa St., San Francisco
Tickets start at $15/adults (more if you can), $5/kids for general entry; $25 in advance to enter the pie competition
Proceeds benefit San Francisco Community School, a K-8 public school located in the Excelsior.
Pie Contest Rules (enter by emailing email@example.com and purchasing competition ticket below):
1. The contest is open to anyone wishing to bake homemade pie - well, TWO of the same homemade pies: one for the judges and one for the crowd.
2. Contestants must make their own pie crust.
3. Those entering the contest need to have their pies checked in by 11:15 on April 14.
4. Special requests for pies, such as refrigeration, may not be able to be accommodated. Please inquire within.
5. We recommend that pies be baked in disposable pans only so that getting dishes returned doesn't become a challenge for those entering the contest.
6. Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
7. Top Three Winners will receive ribbons and prizes; Fourth and Fifth Place Winners will receive prizes and certificates.
8. If you wish to bake a pie and not have it judged we will be happy to accept it and sell whole or by the slice to raise money for SF Community School.
9. The pie contest is for sweet, not savory, pies and pies, not tarts.
10. Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for entering your pies!
Note: To participate in the pie contest, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and the name and type of the pie(s) you intend to make. There is no limit to the number of pies you can enter. Pie contestants will receive a confirmation and a participant agreement letter. See ticket info below and note that there is a $25 entry fee per pie entry.
2424 Mariposa Street, San Francisco