Treat your glazed-over eyes and stoney brain to some — dare I say — dank views this 4/20. Because nothing is better than a great view of the city in the city…while high.
In lieu of going to Hippie Hill or Dolores Park, create your own adventure this 4/20 with these lovely view spots. Just please don’t drive when you are high as hell — take the bus to the local ones or grab that friend who doesn’t smoke (but still loves a good view) for the further ones.
While smoking weed at these public locations is at your own risk, at least the view is totally legal.the swing overlooking the city. Childhood fun gone awry!
3. Mount Sutro
4. Potrero Hill
5. Tank Hill
6. Twin Peaksthe 108 from the Transbay Temporary Terminal which will take you there. Optional: make a pitstop at Yerba Buena Island.
10. Hawk Hillif Karl isn’t around.lights were still doing their trippy things, it’s still a primo view of the Bridge and the Financial District. I recommend heading down a little before dusk with some layers.
12. Grand View ParkMosaic Stairs on 16th due to those strong ass edibles you ate (tottttallllllly bro), and then celebrate that you didn’t completely lose yourself at the top with the view.
13. Mount Davidsongiant white cross.
- 14. Vallejo Street Steps: For the gym toker: get a workout by climbing up these steps before (or after, whatever) you get stoned – between the high from endorphins and the high from THC, you are going to feel great.
- 15. Inspiration Point: For the introspective stoner: a serene place where you can see the Palace of Fine Arts, the Bay and Alcatraz.
- 16. Lands End: For the spiritual weed aficionado: after you take in the Golden Gate Bridge, wander the labyrinth and question your entire life.
- 17. Corona Heights: For the marijuana dog whisperer: pet other people’s dogs while you take in the urban sprawl.
If somehow none of these spots appeal to you, there are also 49 hills in this city. I have faith that you can find a nice little hump near you to smoke the night away.
This post originally appeared on April 16, 2015.
[Featured Image: David Yu via Flickr]