Whether you’re born and raised or moved to San Francisco in the recent past, you know this city certainly has its quirks. Folks in San Francisco are proud of their ways, and even if we make sense to no one else, at the very least we know the way it all works around here. These are 21 things you will never hear a San Francisco resident utter for any reason (including, of course, calling the city “San Fran”).
1. The wait is how long?! No, we’re leaving.
2. There just aren’t enough independent coffee shops in this town.
3. I have no opinion on the Dodgers.
4. I would never dress in a costume, that’s stupid.
5. If that Muni is too full, I’m just going to wait for the next one.
6. Recycling, compost—who cares, it all goes to the same place, right?
7. Southern California definitely has the best burritos.
8. I scored a sweet deal on my place—the rent is so cheap!
9. It’s up a few hills, so let’s just walk instead of taking an Uber.
10. I’ve never met anyone that works at a startup.
11. They didn’t have Fernet.
12. Nothing on draft? Sure, I’ll take a Bud Light.
13. Let’s just try this restaurant without looking it up on Yelp, OpenTable, or to see which lists it has been included in on Eater.
14. Our public transit system is incredible.
15. Whoa, I would never pay that much for a drink/toast/[insert anything]!
16. Let’s meet up at Fisherman’s Wharf.
17. What I pay to park my car in my building’s garage is super reasonable.
18. Does this truffle I bought off that guy have anything in it?
19. I’m neutral about the tech scene in the city.
20. I don’t really tend to buy organic or artisanal stuff.
21. Let’s just walk through the Tenderloin to get there.
[Featured Image: David Yu via Flickr]