Remember last week when you thought this was shaping up to be a pleasantly mild winter?
No, you don’t, because that thought is now buried under several inches of snow and ice and shattered dreams. The great blizzard of 2015 has arrived, and it’s pummeling New York City with what Mayor de Blasio called “one of the largest snowstorms in the history of this city.” School’s cancelled. Parks are closed. Travel is banned. Your flight is definitely not happening. And don’t even think about ordering Seamless.
The only option left is to curl up in your fuzziest blanket and contemplate the immanent icy annihilation of NYC in GIFs.
1. For the first hour, when everything is pristine and perfect and you’re living in a winter wonderland:
2. By the next hour, when you’re already 100% done with Mother Nature’s shenanigans:
3. By the end of the day, when you’re certain you’ll never be warm or dry again:
4. The moment your feet first hit the floor in the morning:
5. When you get into the shower:
6. And when you try to get out:
7. At first, you play it cool:
8. But then you realize you’re living in a frozen nightmare and resort to begging:
9. You have to bundle up in at least 385 layers of clothing before you’ll even think about going outside:
10. Because if you don’t:
11. When you try to explain just how *&@^ing cold it is to your friends on the West Coast:
12. When you try to leave your apartment:
13. When you attempt to walk to work or class:
14. Or to the corner bodega to stock up on storm survival snacks:
15. Walking under scaffolding:
16. Walking off a curb:
17. Walking on anything slippery:
18. Walking in 60mph wind:
19. Just… walking. Anywhere. At all.
20. When you finally get back inside:
21. When you find out your friend gets a snow day and you don’t:
22. Then you realize there’s no alcohol left in your apartment:
23. And you know there’s no hope of getting any, because there are lines around the block at every grocery store:
24. So you settle in for a Netflix binge instead:
25. And call up a friend to cuddle with:
26. And remember that you’re a New Yorker, which means there’s nothing you can’t handle:
[Featured Image: Sean Davis]