We’re reaching a point where the question isn’t “will there be a pop-up bar themed after my favorite pop culture thing” but instead “when will someone create a popup bar themed after my favorite pop-up culture thing?
We’ve seen theme bars dedicated to Game of Thrones, Tim Burton, Super Mario, and even the Riot Fest Music Festival. Now Logan Square’s Emporium has brought to life a pop-up bar themed around the hit Netflix TV show Stranger Things.
Dubbed The Upside Down, the bar recreates popular scenes from the series including the Byers’s living room complete with Christmas lights, furniture hanging from the ceiling, and the entrance to Sam’s secret fort alongside a fence denying access to Hawkins National Laboratory.
Of course, the theme doesn’t end at the highly Instagramable props. Emporium has created a menu of Stranger Things cocktails that you’d likely find our heroes sipping if they weren’t all 12-year-olds. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Eleven’s Eggos Slushie: Angel’s Envy Bourbon, lemon, orange, cranberry, maple syrup, eggo
- Demogorgon: Overproof rum, blood orange, lime, allspice dram
- Snack Pack: mezcal, passion fruit, lemon, chocolate syrup, creme de cacao
- She’s Our Friend and She’s Crazy!: Reposado tequila, amaretto, lemon, strawberry
- Coffee + Contemplation: Scotch, coffee liqueur, lemon, coffee bitters
- Mouthbreather: gin, caramelized pineapple, lime, ancho reyes, hellfire shrub
Yeah, that’s really an Eggo waffle as a garnish on the Eleven’s Eggos.
And here’s Eleven eating Eggos, just because.
If you’re more of a beer drinker the venue will, appropriately, have plenty of Goose Island GI5-5538. The crimson ale is a collaboration between Goose Island and the band Survive who scored the iconic Stranger Things theme music.
Take a look inside the Upside Down below.
Walls of the Upside Down that aren’t being used for an immersive Strangers Things experience feature art inspired by the show. In fact, you can get this killer Eleven mural on a t-shirt.
Even though the new season of Stranger Things doesn’t land on Netflix until October 27th the popup is only scheduled to run until September 23.